Instagram is time-consuming and we know you have a business to run! Let our specialists help you grow your brand.
Do I Need an Instagram Account for a Cannabis Business?
Do you need to grow your brand awareness in the cannabis market? Then Yes! While owned by Facebook, it’s the most forgiving of the two platforms for cannabrands. Here are some tips to rock your Instagram account for cannabis companies:
- Have a great name that’s memorable
- Avoid if possible the terms weed, marijuana and cannabis
- Have a logo without a marijuana leaf if possible
- Don’t promote the sale of flower products
- Use your profile link wisely
- Make it personal
- Optimize your profile
- Promote others, it’s still good social media manners
- Credit other people if you use their images, snark
- Create original content
- Be funny, if that’s you
- Interact with your audience
- Follow others
- Share “stories” not just pics
- Have a theme
- Post regularly, 8 to 10 times a week if possible
- Give it time
It’s a great avenue AND be prepared to have your account taken down. Technically, it’s against their terms of service. Although Instagram takes time, it’s fun and a creative way to engage and build a fan base.